Saturday, February 23, 2013

want fast? try auto-fill.

(Cover)




Want to get your photos in an album REALLY FAST?  Do you have 30 minutes to try?

For speed and ease, try the AUTO-POPULATE feature of your StoryBook Creator software.  Did you know that you can select a predesigned template - and the software will automatically put your photos in the album if you select this feature?  Yes, it is true.  I decided to try it out for myself.  To be honest I had resisted the concept in the past because I did not like any of the templates available.  They were too fussy and over-decorated for my taste.  But that has changed.  I have three favorites now:
SIMPLE LIFE 12x12
WEDDING GALLERY 12x12
PHOTO A DAY 12x12

My mom is turning 81 next week and I know that a photo album is the best gift I can give. Since I was short on time I thought I would try letting the software do the work for me. AND IT DID. I am amazed at the outcome.   I selected 116 photos from the 838 I took on our trip to France in 2007 for this album.  (This took 20 minutes.)  Then I started.  I opened my SBC software and followed the prompts:  CREATE NEW PROJECT / STORYBOOK / 12x12 HARDCOVER / then selected the SIMPLE LIFE template. My next option was to ADD PHOTOS - which I did. And then all I had to do was select the YES button for "Do you want your photos automatically placed on the pages in the project?"

After hitting the YES button I ran to the kitchen to grab a cookie.  When I came back my photos were in the album - like magic!   I could technically have printed the album just as it came out, but I wanted to add some text boxes for stories.  There was also a few places where the "auto-fill" left a blank or gray photo box because my selected photo did not fit the format.  I just want back into Memory Manager and picked another photo that was the right shape for the job.  I spent just over an hour filling in the stories - and boom! this birthday album was ready to order. Want to take a look?

http://www.cmphotocenter.com/photos/share.php?code=pZr8y_7vXHSRXIzZ1FRMeltGN_mGoZ4Z&share_type=storybook

Each 20 page Predesigned Template album holds approximately 100 photos.  If you have more photos than that, it will automatically add more pages.  Note: Use the 12x12 format even if you want to print an 8x8 size.  It gives you more options at ordering time.

If you have heard yourself say "I don't have time"... Auto-Populate might be your new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment